Monday, December 28, 2009

Food That Sticks To Your Ribs

On my last post I kinda' teased you about my yummy Sweet Bourbon Ham, Green Beans With Hickory Smoked Bacon and my newest edition, Fantasia Cheesecake. The first 2 dishes have been a holiday tradition for several years while the Fantasia Cheesecake was new this year and has been a HUGE hit. My family has already requested this for New Years!

I prefer to save some dishes, like the ham, for special occasions. I think it adds to specialness of the dish, plus it helps to solidify the connection between happy memories and family holidays.

Here's a little background on the dishes. My Sweet Bourbon Ham was inspired by a recipe by Chef Alton Brown (well technically his aunt), to which I tweaked just a bit to give it an extra sweetness and tang. My Green Beans With Hickory Smoked Bacon was inspired by my sisters recipe, which again, I fudged a little to take it to the next level of heavenly.

The Fantasia Cheesecake comes from a cookbook full of recipes from the makers of happy memories, Disneyland And Disney World! This perfect cheesecake is served at the Plaza Inn on Main Street, USA in Disneyland (I can actually hear the fireworks from Disneyland as I write this post!) I love it for it's ease and my family loves it because it's SO DELICIOUS!

So next time you want to make some yummy comfort food that really sticks to the ribs, try these 3 winning recipes!
Click to play this Smilebox recipe:

Click to play this Smilebox recipe: Fantasia Cheesecake

Click to play this Smilebox recipe: Green Beans with Bacon


Create amazing digital scrapbooks in minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin