Friday, December 18, 2009

Cherished Childhood Memories {12/18/09}



Merry Christmas fellow vintage mama's! I hope everyone is having a fabulous December full of classic carols and vintage angels. I've been just as busy, not only with the usual Christmas hullabaloo, but also mulling over my goals for my blogs. This is part of the reason I haven't been posting as much (the other is that I'm a busy mama!). My vision is definitely become clearer and I am so excited, thrilled and even a little scared. I appreciate your patience and I promise that I won't disappoint!

I have some fun, new projects I'm working on as well for my blogs, one of which I'm debuting now!

Cherished Childhood Memories is a series were I will be sharing with you some of my most precious memories from my own childhood or my children's every Thursday. I invite you to share your own cherished memories about childhood as well in the comments below. I look forward to reading them!

In my post about our Fancy Nancy party, I told you a bit about my artsy, eccentric family. One of my fondest memories of my eccentric family is when we did "The Sound of Music" for Christmas. Oh, honey it was incredible!

I was about 7 years old when my cousins and I put on a fantastic show for our parents. I was the youngest so they pretty much handled most of the details while I concentrated on learning my lines and music. My older sister and cousins created programs, painted backgrounds, shopped thrift stores for costumes, and even choreographed dance routines...it was a production!

It was so much fun! My family still talks about how proud they were of us. I wish I had some pictures to share. I'll ask around during Christmas with my family to see if anyone has some. We actually did several plays and even some dance routines throughout my childhood. I share more of them later!
Share your Cherished Childhood Memory below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin