Monday, November 9, 2009

It's The Little Things That Say I Love You


Some people care too much. I think it's called love. ~ Winnie the Pooh


It was less then 2 years ago that Noah-the-Pooh was an only child and I seemed to have mounds of time to do those little things that said "I love you". Like snuggling on the couch and taking a nap together, throwing all our pillows and blankets on the floor and rolling around in them, or cutting his cheese sandwiches into dinosaur shapes.

The other day Noah-the-Pooh reminded me of how I used to decorate the house for every season. "I miss that..." he said as he poked at an earthworm. So even though it was tough with my two little guys, we made the trek to a beautiful farm to pick out some pumpkins (which will do a lovely job of bringing some ambiance until we bake some pies and muffins with them) and we gathered some pine cones and lovely red,yellow and orange leaves from our nature walks. I also found my precious caramel strudel grubby candle that I love to light during the fall (alas, Country Passion Candles are no more). Viola! Autumn and love have filled the Poblano home.

How do you decorate with love?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't decorate for Halloween this year because we are moving and I didn't want to deal with getting all the decorations out just to have to pack them up. The kids were very disapointed. I will make it up to them by decorating the new house for Hanukkah!

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin